FASHION IS ONE OF THE MOST POLLUTING INDUSTRIES ON THE PLANET.
Let’s help the industry get more sustainable through innovation.
THE START-UP CALL IS NOW OPEN.
Do you have a solid technology ready to be tested by the world’s leading brands?
Then we would love to hear from you.
INNOVATION MEETS FASHION CONFERENCE Lugano, CH
FASHION INNOVATION AWARD PITCH
from 1 April
MENTORSHIP FOR WINNERS
FASHION INNOVATION AWARD 2020
- Sustainability Edition
Tackling the burning issues of fashion sustainability is a massive innovation space. It is an opportunity for FashionTech start-ups to put together the business and meaningfulness.
We work with our Partners, Brands and Jury members to select, promote and help scale-up the most promising FashonTech start-ups working towards a more sustainable future.
Do you have a ground-breaking solution that could help big players tackle sustainability? How about a possibility to showcase your solution to dozens of leading fashion brands and investors in one go?
Read on and apply for the Fashion Innovation Award 2020 – Sustainability Edition.
We encourage applications from start-ups that:
- are in-revenue and with existent user cases;
- as part of their mission, prioritize tacking an aspect of fashion sustainability;
- have a B2B solution ideal for fashion brands; or a technology can be somehow used by a brand;
- can demonstrate in a measurable way the impact of their solution on sustainability (over time and/or in contrast with mainstream solutions).
Early-stage start-ups do not qualify.
Fashion Innovation Award is where start-ups come to do business.
Over the last three years, the Award has gained a reputation of a curated launch platform for FashonTech start-ups: it gives promising FashionTech entrepreneurs a unique opportunity to pitch their solution directly to dozens of senior industry decision makers, all the way to the c-level executives.
Both finalists and winners get a set of carefully tailored benefits, all designed to have an immediate effect on the start-ups’ scaling up: first-person introductions, designated free consultancy packages, publicity, etc.
solutions that enable the creation of more sustainable fashion garments:
- Sustainable design
- Alternative materials
- New agricultural techniques
- New energy- and water-saving
techniques applied in textile processing
- Zero-carbon manufacturing
- Supply chain redesign
- Working conditions & pay
solutions contributing to the circular economy:
solutions improving the ways in which the goods reach the consumer:
- Transparency and traceability
- Distribution Channels
Both finalists and winners get a set of carefully tailored benefits, all designed to have an immediate effect on the start-ups’ scaling up:
THE FINALISTS GET:
- Free booth at the Innovation Meets Fashion conference in Lugano (CH) on March 30, 2020 at a dedicated “Loomish Innovation Lounge”. The conference gathers over 1,000 industry leaders;
- Free tickets to the Innovation Meets Fashion event for 2 members of their team;
- On March 31, 2020 – Closed-door pitch presentation: unprecedented visibility with investors, industry leaders, media and potential customers: brands, retailers, manufacturers;
- Possibility of one-to-one meetings and business introductions;
- Free consultancy session: “The road to scaling up” by Loomish;
- Setting up your business in Switzerland – fiscal and legal implications – free consultancy;
- Promotional activities and PR.
THE WINNERS (1/CATEGORY) GET:
- Matching mentors program: each start-up gets its dedicated high-profile mentor;
- 1 year free desk & office services for 1 person in Technopolo Ticino, Switzerland;
- Inclusion in the report “FashionTech for Sustainabilty” by Loomish and NetComm Suisse;
- Promotion as the Award winner in European and Swiss media, as well as on proprietary social media channels;
- The Fashion Innovation Award trophy.
REASON BEHIND THIS CALL
Our ultimate goal is helping fashion brands become more sustainable through innovation.
Over the last year, there has been a significant a shift in the collective consciousness regarding the urgency of putting a joint effort into making the Fashion industry more sustainable.
In order to transition towards a more sustainable fashion system, the industry needs to face a number of serious challenges across its supply chain – from factory to retail floor. Undoubtedly, there will always be a friction between a fashion company’s financial results and addressing any of the above issues.
That is why tackling the burning issues of fashion sustainability is a massive innovation space.